Deterioration Of Moral Values Progress Of World Free Essays
Novikov screened 1,312 troops in his survey. He found that 28% were healthy and the other 72% had some type of psychological disorder symptoms, such as insomnia, lack of motivation, high anxiety, neuro-emotional stress, tiredness, and hypochondriacal fixation (when a soldier is primarily concerned about cardiovascular functioning. Frequently, this is expressed as concerns about heart attacks, difficulty in breathing, and may be diagnosed as a panic attack). It was reported that 46% of the sample exhibited asthenic depression, a weak, apathetic or retarded motor state; and the other 26% exhibited psychotic reactions such as high anxiety or aggressiveness, a deterioration of moral values or interpersonal relations, excitement or depression (psychotic disorders are those with marked stressors diagnosed by DSM-IV typically when there is evidence of delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized behavior, or catatonic behavior). About 40% of those screened demonstrated a lack of neuro-psychological stability that included depletion of cardiorespirator system reserves and a deterioration in psychological self-regulation and communications capability. The longer a soldier was stationed in the war zone, as expected, the more radical the change in his neuro-psychological condition. Novikov termed this condition Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD, that is, Novikov used the English abbreviation (!) in the Russian original). The percentage of troops with combat stress disorders was higher than in Afghanistan, he added, which implied that combat in cities produces more combat stress symptoms than some other types of conflict, and consequently, is a category of combat that should be closely monitored.
one can see a great deterioration of moral values.
…deterioration of moral values, punctuated
Tata Power has recognized a need to inculcate good and positive values in school students in today’s age of consumerism and socio-economic disparity. To take a proactive stand on the same we are launching a Civic and Moral Values Programme to inculcate discipline in our future generation to educate all to be responsible citizens of the society. We hope to begin a movement that will arrest and reverse the deterioration of moral values in society!
is the deterioration of moral values among so many of their elders
The war made an indelible impression of Fridtjof Nansen. The mass slaughter of men in the flower of their youth, the ravages wrought among women and children and the aged by starvation and disease, the unbelievable material destruction, the deterioration of moral values, with its resultant brutalization, glorification of violence, and the blunting of the finest instincts – these things grieved and appalled him. Thus he looked upon the prevention of the recurrence of such destruction as a task that overshadowed all else; and, as did so many others, he pinned his hopes on the League of Nations, on the efforts of the new world organization to preserve peace, to lay the foundations of an international judicial system to promote disarmament, and to help alleviate the indiscribable need and sufffering left in the wake of the war.